Thursday, May 10, 2012

24 Hour World Champs are just around the corner.


From this ....



To this .....

The gap between those pictures is about four years of hard work. 

Looking at them I just figured out that race or no race, I've already won!

This weekend I head to Finale Ligure, Italy to race in the WEMBO 24 Hour Solo World Championships.  It will be my third worlds.  Each time I have improved and I hope to do so again. 

Technical, steep, hot and dusty - 18km and 500m of ascent.... check it out...




I am fitter than I think I have ever been in my life.  I am certainly faster.  I have killer bikes.  My skills are better.  I am more experienced.  I have an awesome pit support crew (Shannon Duggan and Kirstie Bowe).  I am part of a kick ass Aussie contingent going, and Koiled team mate Matt Powell is racing.  It's a good place to be as I take on one of the most gruelling sport events you can attempt at it's very toughest - 24solo World Champs.

Packing List: Engine, Nutrition, Will. 

Job's on!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your corner just ran out of corner....;-) Time to get it on. Will and willing.....will win winning.
Any way.
Tu andare in bicicletta bella

Miff